This is my graph of Work Experience Timeline :
There are 5 phrases and 5 levels of working :
- First, get excited about new thing, getting onboard, the exciting helps you to push yourself through 0-exp wall. Now you are ready to work
- You continue the repeated practicing what you just learned, some points you see it's hard or un-suitable of biased knowledge then giving up (so you end at this step)
- You passed the comfort-zone, but this phrase you have to deal with Boredom-zone (your work need to be done repeatly multiple times). Now, if you see out there, the flashy new thing appears, you can leave the work and restart to Step 1 within new job
- Ok, now you passed the Boredom-zone, be a senior one, who can MAKE-SHIT-DONE, who can know what causes the problem and how to fix it. But your Ego keep your eye from see further, new Shit comes every year. Now you become 10-year-1-shit Senior !
- You love the things you do and you acctually love doing it, that's why you keep learning, practicing and mastering new Shit. The Compound rule happens ! You don't see the end of something called Expert (but the outsiders call you truly Expert)
Disclaimer : This timeline is my 2 cents, based on my looking and re-thinking of my past experiences. Btw, I'm still stuck in the 10-year senior