Lightning thought #1 : MAGIC !
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein
It’s true in LOGIC ! But sometimes, it goes wrong in computer science and … life.
What does computer program do ?
We learnt from Computer Science courses this phisolophy :
PROGRAM takes INPUT and produces OUTPUT
So, same PROGRAM + same INPUT = same OUTPUT
And that’s the basis of every testing techniques. We expect specified OUTPUT for the specified INPUT. If not, it fails !
What happens in reality ?
IT’s MAGIC !
Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn’t ! This is common situation in developer’s life and human’s life
But, have you ever think the root of it ? Why ? How ? It happened ?
I’m drunk when writing this, but this is my random thoughts :
- Time : of course, time affects everything it touched but I seperate to 2 reasons
- Randomization : any random thing depends on timing. At A, it was X. But at B, it will be Y. So the program or life depends on 1 random thing is unstable, unpredictable and magic !
- Limitation : everything has its limitation, once you go over that, you will be blocked or have to wait.
- Dependencies : anything has dependencies, even NOTHING depends on EVERY dependencies.
- Unavailable : dead, down-time, overloaded
- Break Changes : you need X but dependency has Y
How about human life ?
If you keep doing the same thing but different attitude, magic can happen !
That’s why machines can’t win human !
Because human is unpredictable !
- Images from Googe Search Photos